Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Distress Oxide Water Painting with W Plus 9 Beatiful Bouquets: Dahlias

Hello!
 Today I have a Mothers Day card I made using a technique from  Jennifer McGuire and the floral and color inspiration from  Gina K

I just loved the colors and placement Gina used in that video and had to use Jennifers technique with the Oxides to color it.



I used the W plus 9 Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlias to stamp the images with Vesamark and heat emboss with white embossing powder. 

I ink blended the images and background with Lucky Clover, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks. 

I  went over the flowers and leaves with clear water and dabbed up with a paper towel to get a lighter look. I dried the piece and added just a tad more green to the leaves while still applying and dabbing. 

The sentiment on outside comes from the SSS All My Love set and heat embossed onto some vellum. 

I added some sequins to give some shine and also placed a tad bit of glitter glue to the centers to add some extra sparkle and make a bit stronger to go through the mail. 


The inner sentiment is using the Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp set. I used the same flower to stamp inside using the Peacock Feathers Ink. 



Thank you so much for coming by and I will see you next time!
Cher


No comments:

Post a Comment