Monday, February 12, 2018

Valentines Day card Using SSS More Spring Flowers stamp set


Happy Monday!!

Today I am showing the "Galentines" Day Card for my awesome Mother in Law. To be honest I hate the term MIL cause...she's more than that...she is just my Mom.


I tried looking through my You Tube history and just couldn't find the video I watched to give credit. 
I saw someone do a technique of using Distress ink on a background and then place a stencil over it to then distress more of the same color over it to create a tone on tone look. 
I just had to recreate it my way. 

I used the following inks from the top to bottom.

Distress Inks:
Candied Apple
Worn Lipstick
Abandoned Coral
Spun Sugar

The stencil I used is the SSS Diamond Circles Stencil. 

The flowers are from the SSS More Spring Flowers stamp set. I heat embossed the images with white embossing powder and watercolored with the same distress inks. 


I created the sentiment in the Silhouette Studio software and inked up with the Candied Apple Distress Ink. 

I couldn't leave well enough alone and also added some Nuvo Jewel Drops in Grey Mist which really just accents the color underneath. 


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you next time!
Cher




No comments:

Post a Comment