Monday, February 6, 2017

Another Plaid Valentine's using the My Favorite Things Plaid Background Builder Stamp Set

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great Weekend!

Today I have to show you the second of the three plaid Valentine's cards using the My Favorite Things Plaid Background Builder Stamp Set 



This time I went with a actual pattern and I only used the solid stamps in the set. 

Since I am newer with stamping I am limited on my colors in the Memento Dew Drops but I have the entire collection of the Distress Inks. I knew the Distress Inks would be a bit splotchy but I was ok with that.  I used Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold and Carved Pumpkin and then 
used Stampabilities in Dark Pink. 

I also added some water droplets to it to add to the distressed look.  I cut it down using the stitched rectangle die in the Die-namics Blueprints 13.







I again used the Simon Says Stamp All My Love Stamp set for the sentiment, I stamped in Versafine and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I also water colored the hearts using Distress Ink in black soot with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush pen.  I just love how the black mat and lettering backs the background look so bright . 



I have one more plaid card to show you and hopefully you are not sick of them!
Have a great day!
Cher


No comments:

Post a Comment