Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Birthday Card using the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero April Card Kit


Happy Tuesday!
I am excited to share this card I made using the April Hero Arts My Monthly Hero card kit.

This was not what I thought I was making when started but I was really happy with how it came out.



I had first ink blended the Hero Arts Fiesta Teal and Fiesta Yellow inks. I thought I was using Bristol card stock but realized the ink was just sitting on top. Realized that in fact it was some Yupo paper.

I thought, no worries, I will just then use some Alcohol Inks on top and make it work.  I actually like how the alcohol inks reacted with the inks that were already on the paper.

Alcohol Inks Used:
Purple Twilight
Turqoise
Rose Gold Mixative

All of the images come from the stamp set in the kit and were colored used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.

I cut the Ornate Floral Border Die from some dark gray card stock.  I attached it to the background only on the edges so that the floral bit were not flat and raised up a little bit.

I heat embossed the sentiment using watering can embossing powder and got the paper a tad hot and it puckered a bit.
You know I am not starting over so instead I attached hose two flower images to cover the boo boo.


Thank you so much for visiting and I hope to see you next time!
Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment