Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christmas card using the MFT Fireplace Die-namics

Hello!
I am so excited to be working on some special Christmas cards.
I bought the My Favorite Things Fireplace Die-namics last year and could not wait to use it.






I cut all the pieces from white card stock then ink blended with Distress Inks. I wasn't precise on the blending since so small and in some cases like the mantle I liked that gave more of a wood look. 

Below are all the colors I used and on what:
Mantle and Log: Vintage Photo and Gathered Twig
Stockings: Candied Apple
Grate: Black Soot
Flames: Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey
Brick part: Fired Brick (obvious choice lol)

I used a docrafts Creativity essentials Brickwork background for the main fireplace bit.
I used versa mark and clear embossing powder to heat emboss the bricks then ink blended the distress ink.



For the evergreen boughs and bow on top of the mantle I used a Silhouette file and downsized them a ton. It was finicky but it came out great.


I used the Warm Wishes sentiment from the Avery Elle Warm Wishes stamp set. Seemed appropriate with the fireplace scene. 

I put some pattern paper and a strip of white card stock to create the background to give idea of wallpaper floor and a baseboard. 

I then used a Marvy snow Pen to make the tops of the stocking puffy like fur. 


The inside sentiment is from the SSS + CZ Design stamp set Coolest Yulest and the snowflakes are from that same Avery Elle stamp set. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you next time!
Cher 

No comments:

Post a Comment